Sunday, November 11, 2007

Swing Time

Took off yesterday to rest. I was feeling my swings and snatches from Friday. It was the first time I tackled the 16kg for a swing workout. Whoa. What a difference 4kg will make.
My back has really felt better since Fridays workout. I attribute that to doing a proper z warmup and stretching at the end. Without it, it seems like I am all out of whack. So much for shortcuts.

I can't remember whether I mentioned this before but we are under contract to buy a new house (new to us at least). It has a massive backyard with a pool. I would really like to build a gym/apartment in a separate structure. Time to start saving some moolah!

Friday:
Z warmup
30 sec.-45 sec. rest between sets
1. 2H swings 12kg 20 X 3 sets
2. 2H swings 16kg 20 X 3 sets
3. 1H swing, High row (alternate) 12kg 5 ea. (each side) X 2 sets
4. 1H swing, High row (alternate) 16kg 5 ea. (each side) X 2 sets
5. Snatches 12kg 10 each X 2 sets
5 Turkish Get-ups each side
Stretch

Today (Sunday):
Z warmup
1A. Front Squat 1-side 8 X 2 12 kg
1B. Pinwheel Pushups (side plank into pushup) Hold 3 sec. at top with 3-0-3 tempo 8 X 2
2a. Clean and Press 5 X 1 12kg, 3 X 1 16kg
2B. 1 arm rows 5X2 16kg
3A. Two legged deadlift 8 X 2 16 kg
3B. Woodchops 8 X 2 12 kg.
Stretch

Beautiful day here in Wilmington. Hope to get outside with Kai for some playtime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see you're still getting ready for the 24kg. Your training sessions look awesome.