Saturday, November 17, 2007

Longtime No Workout

Three days off this week (M, T, W). I didn't intend to take so much time off but my body feels good and my eating is pretty clean (minus the burger and fries I inhaled Friday). Got in some intervals on Thursday, took off Friday (again) and a good strength session today (Saturday). Lovin' these kettlebells.

I have also been looking into the Warrior Diet. Can't say I am following it yet but I have cut back on breakfast. Decaf coffee in the morning with milk and stevia and kefir midmorning. Lunch has been chili or soup...nothing to bready. I do feel more alive and am able to move with my clients better (not weighed down by oatmeal anymore). My brain doesn't feel as cluttered either. Hey, maybe there is something to it. I hate to even admit that I am looking into something called a diet. Hate the idea but if it straightens out my thinking then I may stick with it.

Thursday's intervals:
Z warm-up, Pumps
1. Swings 2H for 30, 40, 50 with 12kg (3 sets)
2. Swings 2H for 20, 30, 40 with 16kg (3 sets)
Did 1 minute of jump rope after each swing set...rest for 30 sec. and swing again
3. One arm snatches 10 reps with 12kg for 3 sets each arm.
Same jump rope sequence
4. Get-ups 5 reps ea. with 12 kg

Saturday's Strength:
Z Warm-up, Halos, Pumps
1A. One sided Squat Press 12kg/5, 16kg/5, 16kg/5
1B. Chin/Pull/Staggered Grip Ups x/5, x/5, x/5
2A. Swing/Snatch Combo (Alternate) 12kg/10 ea. each arm X 2
2B. Turkish Get-ups 12kg/2 ea., 16kg/2 ea. (Yeah! First time with 16kg...no problem.)
3A. Roll-ups 8kg/10 X 2
3B. 1-Legged Cross Body Deadlift 12kg/8 X 2
Stretched

I can't remember the last time I was this excited to workout and train others. Thank goodness I was led down this path. Tim and James, if you read this, thank you times a million! Shawn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, You will tame the 24kg! I'm glad you're excited. But don't thank me. I'm just traveling down the same road you are and I'm very grateful to have met you. Where does this road go anyway?! And what is a burger and fries?

WoodallsFitness said...

Hey Shawn,

Like Tim said we are all traveling the same path. Glad to have met you, and keep up your training. I rubberized the entire back end of the studio just for the KB's. Keep up the good work. Can I link your blog with mine?

James