Thursday, January 24, 2008

Shoulder Practice

I am suprised I could raise my arm at dinner tonight after today's workout. I am not sore at all (not yet, at least) but my arms are quite tired. Workout felt great...this is #2 on the Brett Jones plan.

All C and Ps done with 12kg for 6 reps ea. Did circuit 2 times
1. Clean and Press
2. Swings 16kg 20 reps
3. C and P
4. Clean and Front Squat (1H) 12kg 8 reps ea. side
5. C and P
6. TGUs 16kg 3 reps
7. C and P
8. Snatches 12 kg 15 reps ea.
9. C and P

Took about 17 minutes per circuit. Very little rest in between sets. Forearms are a little bruised. I've never done so many cleans in one workout before.

Yesterday's conditioning:
6 rounds
1.5 minutes hard jump rope with 10 squat thrusts back to back. Enough rest in between to catch breath

2 comments:

Brett Jones said...

Shawn,
Feel free to limit the cleans (every other rep or every other set only do one clean etc...) if it is bruising you and check my blog later for tips on cleaning up your clean...

Shawn Manning, RKC said...

Thanks for the tip Brett. Think I'll be doing that on the next practice. I will check for your post on the cleans. Hate you won't be at the RKC. Tim talks highly of you.