Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brett Jones to the Rescue

Someone upstairs must have been listening because my wishes were answered while reading the latest issue of Hard Style. Brett Jones laid out a training plan that focuses on RKC prep. So I am leaving my plan in the dust and following his instead. I figure he is where he is for a reason. So today I did workout #1 which focuses on swings. I started thinking it was going to be no big deal. "Do 1-3 cicuits" he said, "5-8 reps" he said. Well, 2 circuits was enough! And I stuck to 5-6 reps for everything except swings. I feel great now that its over but wow, didn't think it would kick my tail that much.

Cicuit Style: 30 sec. between sets, all done with 12kg
1. 2H Swings 30 first set, 20 second set
2. Clean and Press 6 reps
3. Swings
4. Clean and Front Squat (1 sided)
5. Swings
6. TGU 5 ea.
7. Swings
8. Snatches
9. Swings
Each set took about 17:30 min. 5 min. between circuits to regroup and remind myself why I put myself through this. LOVE IT!

1 comment:

Brett Jones said...

Shawn,
Glad the article and workouts are feeling good - keep me posted and enjoy the pain ;)