Monday, January 14, 2008

The Plan

I realized today that I need a good plan for RKC. Although I am practicing regularly again, I still don't feel as focused as I could be. So I am going to take the KISS approach and be efficient and consistent. One thing I do know is that I need a bit of flexibility. I am not real good at setting a weekly schedule. I just know what needs to get done and I do it when I can. So today I started out with Strength.

1. Pullups 3 X 5 sets
2a. One sided front squat 16kg 5ea./3
2b. One arm overhead press 16kg 4/3
3a. Squat Thrusts with Hike up 16kg 10/2
3b. Hindu Pushups 5/2
I wanted to get 3 sets for #3s but nap time for Kai was over too quick and I had to go back to work
If anyone knows what 3a. is actually called let me know...its when you up row the bell and catch it.

Next training will concentrate on conditioning with swings and snatches. Until then I will be working on my plan.

PS.. Welcome back Mari

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shawn, you are going to be ready for the RKC. You're ready now. Even if you get pregnant, you'll do fine!

I think 3a is a burpee w/ a kettlebell catch. I call it torture.