Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Grind that Stretch and 20kg Press

Ever since going through RKC in April, my squat has bothered me. It just gets me that I cannot go rock bottom without my pelvis tilting. In the technique challenge I had to stand wide and stop short just so I wouldn't tilt. I also have this hangup about stretching. Yes, it is something that I do for my clients; some of who see great strides and some of who (you know who you are Twisted Steel) have not changes in three years. I just can't seem to make it a big part of my program. I thought Z Drills would do the trick. They have helped a ton but I am still having issues. I want a rock bottom squat and a solid pistol. So I have started prying, grinding, wall squatting and working on my technique to get there. This will be an off day promise.

Other than that I did a few GTGs just to move a bit: Hanging leg raises, Full body roll outs (working on getting out without putting my knees down), and pistols (oh, pistols...Lefty is a bitch.)

Also had a PR today. Pressed the 20kg for 1R/L X 2! Doing it on the TGU really fired me up!

Adding this photo of my son. We had a spectacular trip in the mountains over July 4th. This is one that may get blown up.

No comments: