Monday, July 14, 2008

Go away kettlebell (for a day)

Did a quick calisthenics/light equipment workout in Tabata fashion after work. Needed to lay off the kbs after snatching my hands to death yesterday. They are on the brink of blisters and are so tender that I can't even imagine swinging one today. My left knee has also been bugging me for the last few days. It started after doing a morning routine last week of jump rope, bench hop ups, hop overs, burpees and other fun bouncing moves. So of course in my "ignore it now, pay later" way, I went ahead and bothered it some more. Off to ice it.

Today:
4 rounds of Tabata calisthenics (20 sec. on/10 sec. off for 8 sets each round>4 minutes ea. round):
Round 1: Hindu squats and Pushups
Round 2: Front Lunges and Tube Rows
Round 3: Jump Squats and Bar Twists
Round 4: Mountain Climbers and Ball Slams
1 set of TGU's 20kg/2R/2L just because I can. Love that!

No comments: