Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sixteen Kilograms

I have never even done a 1 Hand Swing with a 16kg, nor have I ever thought about of snatching it. Since my RKC requirements were to snatch the 12kg 54 times that was what I focused on. But since giving up nursing I have gone up in weight by about 4 lbs. which is just 2 lbs. away from upping my numbers to 64 total. This made me a bit nervous since my grip/forearms feel like they are going to explode at 25 ea. hand. So today I decided to tackle the 16kg. One thing is for sure...it sure makes the 12kg feel like a feather!

Today's practice:
Light Z warm up
Snatches:
4 sets X 10reps ea. Hand with 16 kg
1 set X 8 reps ea. hand with 16 kg (grip was giving out...couldn't hold on)
5 sets X 10 reps ea. hand with 12 kg
Power Wheel / Hanging leg raises later in day
Stretches

No comments: