Thursday, October 25, 2007

First Post

Here is my first post to this site. I have been persuaded to get a website established so this will be the prelude to a true web page.

I have recently started getting familiar with kettlebells, a russian cast iron weight that lo
oks like a cannonball. It is used to strengthen and condition the body like no other single piece of equipment. From the moment I landed on Dragondoor.com I was hooked. I know it sounds nerdy but I couldn't even sleep until my kb arrived. I even signed up for a workshop in Clayton, NC at Woodall's Fitness Training (instructed by Tim Anderson) before I ever held the bell. After going to the workshop and practicing (alot) I am now comfortable enough to use them with my clients. The next logical step was to spend a mortgage payment on the Russain Kettlebell Cetification. So come next April, I hope to be an RKC and training the lucky people of Wilmington with more confidence than ever before.

Today's practice:
1A. Pistols 3 sets X 2 (8kg)
1B. Single arm Snatches 3 sets X10 ea. (12 kg) (still learning how not to bang up my forearm)

That's it for today (so far). My body needs a day of rest.

OK...so I lied...this is in addition to the above. I ended up doing a little more yesterday than expected.

More practice:
1A. Pull-ups 4 sets X 4 (2 chin-up grip, 2 pull-up grip)
1B. Pistols 2 sets X 2 (25 lbs!!!!!!!!!) (couldn't believe I could pull this off)

Z-Drills at night...felt good to finish the day like this.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a machine! I'm so glad i got to meet you.