Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Guess I felt just a tad bit guilty for skipping the 3 days last week or I could have been just preparing for the feasts I am about to consume for Thanksgiving, but I have had three good days of moving. And that, I am thankful for.

I must say...I am loving interval training. I am done so fast and still feel like I can get up and go. Its nothing like the old days of 30 min+ of running and then dragging myself back to work tired and winded. My joints and back are loving me now. For those who still push themselves through long slow distance workouts, try to think outside your realm and read this article by Kurt J. Wilkens, RKC. If you aren't convinced, try reading Al Sears' books: PACE or The Doctor's Heart Cure. It is time saving and better for you than pounding pavement day after day.

Monday 11-19 with Mary:
1A. Front Squats 12 kg/15 X 2
1B. One leg Push up with Kick back x/10 X 2
2A. Stationary Lunge with 1 Arm Overhead Press 12kg/10 ea. X 2
2B. Pull ups x/5 X 2
3A. Overhead 1 Arm Hold Plus Squat 8-12kg/6
3B. Russian Twist
4A. High Row Swing 12kg/10 ea.
4B. Roll Ups 8kg/10

Tues.: Off

Wednesday 11-21:
Intervals:
Warm up 3 min.
6X30 sec. on Ellipse. 30 sec. rest between
Cool down 1 min.
Swings: 2H-12kg/20, 1H-12kg/15,
HIGH Row Swing: 1H-12kg/10
Snatches: 3 sets 12kg/10-15
Get-ups: 12kg/2 ea., 16kg/2 ea.

Thursday (Thanksgiving): Early...couldn't sleep:
Intervals:
Warm-up 3 min jog
6 X 30 sec. sprints 1 min. rest
Cool down 2 min jog
stretch

Happy eating and enjoy the time with friends and family.

No comments: